Friday, March 5, 2010

WOW!!!

We called the agency this morning to clarify a few questions that we had about the birthmother and baby. We were still unsure if the birthmother was considering other families for her baby...that was one of our questions. The agency told us the birthmother had selected US. We were both so excited and got big smiles on our face!! We couldn't believe it. The agency told us they would call us later today with an update on the signing of the relinquishment papers.

Eli & I met our neighbors Laura & Lynn with their kids at the Brier Creek Park this afternoon to play. When we walked in the door around 5:30, Scottie was ending a phone conversation. As soon as he got off the phone I know something was going on just by the look on his face. He had just talked to Doris at CAS and the relinquishment papers had been signed. She then told him that we could pick-up our baby girl on Monday afternoon!!! WOW!!! I could not believe it. We then told Eli the news about getting a baby sister. He said YEYYYY and came over and gave us all hugs. SO cute!! I know this is going to be a big adjustment for him. We were just talking today about how when we get the baby he will need to keep his Legos in his room so the baby doesn't get them. He has been calling the baby "My Baby"...it's really cute.

After all the excitement, we called Scottie's family with the news and they were all very excited. Then, we had dinner with Mom and Rog and told them the news. My mom was very happy and didn't think it could happen this fast. We called my family (Mama/Papa, Jake/Ashley, Tanya, Aunt Barbara, Aunt Carolyn) after dinner. Also, my friends Myra and Holly.
It is almost 11pm and now I'm thinking of all the stuff we need to get done this weekend. Getting baby gear down from storage, shopping for baby stuff and clothes. I'm going to make a list!! Otherwise, I'll be up all night thinking about everything that needs to be done.

Most of all, I am so thankful to God for his faithfulness throughout of journey. There were times when we got discouraged, but through it all he has remained faithful. Thank you for this unbelievable gift from above.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer.29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment